10/13/2009

Robert Pattinson: I Can't Find a Date

Women take: It may not be as hard to find your way into Robert Pattinson's heart as you might think. Just remember his name.

"Girl scream out for Edward, not Robert," the Twilight star tells the Sidney Morning Herald. "I still can't get a date."

Not that the 23-year-old actor is started for attention. Far from it.

"Like yesterday, I was having lunch down the road," he tells the paper. "We were in this place for a couple of hours and suddenly there was like 400 people outside on the street. It was just so nuts and it's like that all the time now."

Still, even though Pattinson returns as sexy vampire Edward Cullen in the much-anticipated sequel New Moon, he thinks some of the hysteria will die down.

"I'm not the lead in the second film. Taylor [Lautner] is," he says, smiling. "I appear in Bella's dreams. So I'm in it but the focus is not on me."

Instead, he only has "significant moments" at the beginning of the movie and at the end, he says.

"So I'm more of a supporting role in this one, which is why I felt so free," he says. "I didn't have to deal with any of the b-----of the first one. I don't have to hold the movie or worry about the fans. I think I did it better without all those pressures."



By Mike Fleeman, www.people.com

No comments: