11/11/2009

Cameron: 'Titanic was made to fund shipwreck dive'

The director admits he had no intention of making an epic when he set out to film Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio in the 1997 movie-he just wanted to make enough money to go on a dream dive.

He tells Playboy magazine, "I made Titanic because I wanted do dive to the shipwreck, not because I particularly wanted to make the movie.

"The Titanic was the Mount Everest of shipwrecks, and, as a diver, I wanted to do it right.

"When I learned some other guys had dived to the Titanic to make an IMAX (jumblo-screen) movie, I said. 'I'II make a Hollywood movie to pay for an expedition to do the same thing.'

"Titanic was about 'f**k you money'. It came along at a point in my life when I said, 'I can make movies until I'm 80, but I can't do expedition stuff when I'm 80.""


By WENN.com, www.hollywood.com

No comments: