11/21/2009

John Mayer blasts Celebrity Musicians

John Mayer has claimed that "famous people make really bad records".

The guitarist has insisted that a high level of fame interrupts the craft of an artist, Contactmusic reports.

The 32-year-old said: "You can't make music as a famous person. Famous people make really bad records - so I make music as musician."

Mayer, who has sold over ten million albums, has also said that he spends up to 14 hours a day writing material and is determined to continue to produce good music.

He added: " I've read people say I was the s**t, and I've read people say I am s**t. I don't have to prove anything anymore - all I have to do is play.

"Now my motivation is not so that people know my name, it's not so I can make money, it's not so I can meet girls - my motivation is to prove to people that you can buck the trend: that it's not an absolute that if you can be really successful, then you're gonna start sucking."


By: Marcell Minaya, www.digitalspy.co.uk

No comments: